|Warcraft IV: Red Horizons (v1.1) - File Description
| Description: |
This mod attempts to realize what could be if Blizzard develops Warcraft IV to be more traditional RTS. Heroes retain an important role but are no longer the centerpiece. Armies are larger. Weapons are more powerful. Hundreds of custom abilities and units have been added in addition to new gameplay systems.
- Added oil patches to the seas, which function as a time-based income system
- Added the Ancient Collosal to the Night Elves; a wisp can merge its spirit with a Mountain Giant to create the massive unit capable of hurling boulders long distances
- With their Well of Wonder, the Night Elves can grow trees to create a defensive barrier anywhere within a large radius (They can no longer build walls)
- Orcs can build War Stations, mobile units that can repair machines and train Grunts, Raiders, and Axemen
- Humans can upgrade their walls to allow Archers to garrison and fire from them
- Mercenary naval units: Pirate ships that plunder from enemy units each attack, Gnomish repair vessels, a kamikaze Orc rowboat
- If a Hero kills the Dragon King, he reaches max experience
- Killing the Dragon King drops the lucrative "Dragon Gold" item, it's worth 10,000 gold
- Added high-resolution terrain textures for the Lordaeron tileset
- Decreased wait time for Prince
- Orcs and Humans have a "super unit." If the Orcs build 25 ogres, they acquire the Ogre Master, a powerful hero with unique spells.
- If the Humans build enough defensive structures, they acquire the Royal Family. First come the King who can create Vassal states, knight Royal Captains, and marry a Queen. When the Queen appears, the prince will also soon appear. The prince is himself a hero, but can choose to murder his father (you just have him attack your King) to become even more powerful.
- Vassals generate an income stream
- The "Knight" ability when applied to Royal Captains summons a horse, allowing the unit to become a Royal Crusader
- The Humans now have the "Enforce Prayer" ability at the Church. Activating it will allow a chance that an Angel appear in 5 minutes to provide extra defense to your forces
- The Dragon King now has a knock-back ability
- To make directing large armies even easier, every unit has a "Command Comrades" ability. Clicking anywhere on the map will order all units of its type to attack-move the target location
- Orcs, Humans, and Undead workers have an "advanced build" button; Night Elves can train Blood Elf engineers; you no longer have to purchase builder units as mercenaries
- Human footmen are promoted to Royal Captains once they accumulate 5 kills
- Night Elves can build a Blood Elf Observatory, which can reveal the entire map for 10 seconds
- To ease micromanagement of large armies, heroes have a "command coordinates" ability that allows them to order all of your military units to attack-move any point on the map.
- Races are now balanced
Other major features:
- Food limit is now 200
- Units' attack strength has been doubled
- Humans can upgrade Knights to Paladins. Paladins have a 25% chance of surviving the death of their horse to continue the battle as a foot soldier.
- Orcs can increase the armor of Ogres further with a special upgrade that equips them with shields
- Siege weapons have a badass explosion impact
- Abominations have been replaced by Hell Riders who can set building on fire with their raze ability
- Human archers have a flaming arrow ability that sets units on fire
- Siege towers can be garrisoned, and when garrisoned by archers can attack
- Kodo Beast Tower can be garrisoned by Troll Beserkers
- Undead can build the Lindormr Dragon, which can take off and land, functioning as both a land and air unit
- Dwarven Cannon team can lay mines
- When heroes die, they drop "spoils," an item recoverable by both enemy or friendly heroes which gives the owner 250 gold
- an independent population limit for ships, just like in Age of Empires 3, which avoids problematic trade-offs between land and sea units
- Many more unique units and abilities!
NOTE: This map is designed to be played LAN with a friend, since the AI will not take advantage of many of the features.
This is a fantastic mod for The Frozen Throne, the custom abilities added to various units makes the game a lot more micro based than what the game actually is, instead of just looking after the health of your units, you're actually managing everything that unit does.
With the changes made to the heroes, the game makes you focus more on your army and upgrades although heroes are still essential to this mods gameplay it really does make it harder than it is currently just to rush in with loads of heroes and storm your opponents base.
This is definitely one of the best mods out there for The Fronzen Throne and without hesitation, I would recommend this mod to be downloaded and played.
| || || |
|Warcraft IV: Red Horizons (v1.1) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Warcraft IV: Red Horizons (v1.1) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Warcraft IV: Red Horizons (v1.1) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Thank you for downloading Warcraft IV: Red Horizons! This mod uses a modded .mpq file; all of the custom icons, models, and skins were placed inside Blizzard's war3patch.mpq file.
1. Back up the original war3patch.mpq file by renaming it; for example "war3patch_backup.mpq"
2. Copy and paste the war3patch.mpq from this rar directory to your Warcraft 3 directory
3. Place the included WC4 Red Horizons maps anywhere in your "Warcraft IIImaps" folder
4. Play! Remember the mod will only work if you choose one of the maps downloaded with this file.
How to play multiplayer:
1. Install Hamachi 184.108.40.206 (It's included with this download)
2. Make sure your Windows firewall is disabled
3. Start hamachi
4. Join the "Knute" network with the password "Rockne" (no quotes)
Thank you to the many talented artists who have submitted their work to this website's resource section. Your work is very high quality and I am indebted to many of you.
forelmashi (for the map template), HFR, Balnnazar, Beepo, Callahan, Blade.dk, Blizzard Entertainment, Cookie, Darky27, Dmitry Rommel, Elven Spellmake, General Frank, Ghan_04, olofmolem, Miseracor, General Frank,Hueter, Happy Tauren, FrIkY, Amigurumi, jatter2, Kitabatak, Tenebrae, Illidan(Evil)X, Hubcool, ahtiandr, IceFrog, maskedpoptart, Metzen, Moyack, Paladon, Pitzer Mike, PurplePoot, quaisio, richie_lich, Red XIII, Rising_Dusk, Strategy Master, The_Mechanic, Tiki, Tim., Vexorian, w3catlegio, Whitehornm, Tranquil, Olofmoleman, Mechanical Man, wingednosering, Kallimachos
|Warcraft IV: Red Horizons (v1.1) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Warcraft 3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 3 | Last comment: 06-11-2011 at 00:16
Joined: May 23rd, 2008
|The hippogryph skin is missing,the blood elf observatory can't be build ,the same with other races special buildings. A detailed "readme" would be nice. Despite those things is a very interesting mode! |
From: (Kuala Lumpur)
Joined: February 12th, 2011
|very nice to play |
Joined: April 26th, 2011
|Can you please tell me how to fix this,there are no settings in the maps,pls help me |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!